Another query how to upload a file into a Google Form can be added to allow users to upload the file(s) as a response to the question, but this option requires a login. You can use the Formfacade add-on to convert a Google Forms file upload question into an HTML file upload and allow users to upload files without logging in.
Explain the difference between uploading a Google Forms file and uploading a Form facade HTML file?
Google Form’s file upload question requires your users to be signed in to a Google account to upload their file and submit their response. The files are uploaded to the form creator’s Google Drive.
Form facade converts the Google Drive file upload into a HTML file upload. The users will be able to upload a file using the upload file button and submit the form without having to sign in with a Google account. In the Google form, the file upload question will be converted in to a short answer question, where the url location of file uploaded by the user will be displayed.
How to add a file upload question to your forms?
How can you download the file without logging in with a Google account?
Use the Formfacade to collect responses and answers
View form responses with file upload questions displayed
To summarize what was previously explained in the article, follow the following points in order
- Formfacade converts the Google Drive file upload into a html file upload. In Google Forms, you will see a short answer question, but in the Formfacade form, you will see the file upload option.
- Formfacade does not use any of the file attributes such as size, type etc specified in the File upload question. It simply converts the Google Drive file upload into a html file upload.
- To make file upload mandatory, you can mark the converted short answer question as required in Google Forms.
- To accept multiple files, you can change the max files for that file upload question in the Formfacade customize interface.
- To restrict the types of files that users can upload, you can add the valid of file types for that file upload question in the Formfacade customize interface.
- When a user uploads a file and submits a response, the url link of the uploaded file will be shown as a response to that short answer question in Google Forms and the linked spreadsheet.
- The files are uploaded on our servers. You can use the link to view and download the files. We do not have Google Drive integration as Google Drive does not allow anonymous users to upload files.